Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

DIY Gold Design Mouse Pad

I just picked up this gold paint from Hobby Lobby and I've been looking for anything and everything that I can put a little gold on (because why not). This mouse pad was super easy to do and 
it can be done with any design! I was thinking about using a stencil at first, but I didn't have 
one lying around so I used some tape and just created some lines.



I used this mouse pad from Office Depot for $3.99.



There was some washi tape I had because I didn't have any painters tape at the time. Blue scotch tape would definitely work better, but this tape worked pretty well for me so just use any tape to create a design you want!


Then I used the gold paint from Hobby Lobby and a small sponge brush to paint over the tape.


I painted a couple of coats of the gold paint and let it dry for just a few minutes (I was getting antsy). 
Then I peeled off the tape!




It probably could have used an extra couple coats of paint, but I actually like how it turned out a little imperfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment